On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 16:35, Rolf Pedersen wrote:

> Well, you attribute to me only what Haywire quoted for his ends;
not really that was all that was quoted, but I feel pretty confidant
that I was also replying to the over all tenor of your post, and only
since you brought up the 'a comparable, more profitable linux
distribution' argument, which _is_ what I responded directly to.

>  hardly
> fair.  Did you read my original post?
yes
>   I explicitly quoted Lee Wiggers:
> Such comments as Mandrake 'don't try to make money' or 'shoot itself in
> the foot over and over again' are not, to my mind, particularly kind,
> productive, or even accurate.
> and went on to provide some documentation to the contrary.  Please read
> that.
I did,

> I have been on these lists long enough to see the same story play out
> over and over again.  I'm sorry but I don't think developing alternate
> distribution strategies is a practical topic for this list.

I agree, this list should not be discussing distribution methods at all,
and that includes problems with the mandrake store,,, and I do know...
"but it ain't a perfect world"...

>  It's the
> sort of topic that has not yielded anything but OT ruminations for the
> three-and-a-half years that I am aware.
I agree, but as far as _I_ have known, Mandrake had an agreement with
McMillian for distribution, but ended it withing the three year period
you are referring to.

And _I_ have never considered doing anything as far as organizing an
alternate method of distribution for Mandrakesoft, since _I_ did not
want to step on any toes, or re-invent the same wheel that someone
working as a mandrake soft employee was doing.

> Personally, I am tired of
> seeing both the speculative hypotheses of how Mandrake is screwing up
> and how to fix it on_this_list.
then maybe a filter for this thread would work for you??

>  Maybe something could be accomplished
> but that is not born out by history and the noise is not justified by
> the small chance that that it will happen.
yep, woulda, coulda and shoulda.... I know those guys well...

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org