But isn't that really what you meant, feste?  Most here would agree
> (and have many times in the past) that TM has positive effects on
BP-- > it's one of the main reason many of us started.  It's the other
> ludicrous claims that most rational meditators can't bring
themselves > to take seriously.

I wonder if many movement people have any issues with BP?  I would
think that with a health conscious group this would be kind of a non
issue.  Certainly not enough to spend this much time on.  Eat well,
exercise, and hope you don't have a genetic pre-disposition for high
blood pressure.  Of course I could be way off with our aging
mediators, maybe some of them have this problem now.  I sure don't.  I
have to laugh at myself for being so concerned about this when I was
young.  I was so busy fixing problems I didn't even have that I
ignored many real ones!

It seems like the most likely people to actually do meditation are the
least likely to need it for this.  So it comes down to the other
claims as the reason to meditate, and the health thing was just
something useful for the sales pitch.  The people who could use
meditation the most are the least likely to do it IMO.  The super
agitate people I taught TM usually dropped it pretty quickly.  Sitting
still was torture for them.  For a space case like me it was a blast!