--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ruthsimplicity"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there anyone here besides me who has actually read original TM
> research studies?  Anyone here with enough science background, and
> importantly statistical methods education, to understand what you
are
> reading? Does anyone here understand that there are serious bias
> issues regarding research conducted, designed or supported by
insiders?

I think we all understand this, Ruth. It's been discussed
to death here.

The trick is to interest independent researchers in
doing such studies. If they won't do it on their own,
one good way to tempt them is for the "insiders" to
publish their own studies (in peer-reviewed journals)
and let the independents attempt to replicate them.

It's one thing to criticize the TMO studies on their
merits; it's quite another to suggest they should
never have been done in the first place. (I'm not
sure if that's what you're doing, but some here have
done exactly that.)