--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A fish does not have a mid-brain.  The reason a fish flops around in
the bottom of a boat is that he senses himself as half a fish only.
The reason is that his sense of himself comes from the pressure of the
water on his left side and his right side as he turns left and right.
 When he's in the bottom of the boat, he feels the pressure only on
the side he's lying on, and he flips to feel the other half of
himself.  If you want to calm him down, put him between your hands and
apply equal pressure on both sides, and he'll calm down completely.
For a fish, the presence of water is his awareness; it's the feedback
he gets from the sense of touch.  That is why we can say that a fish
out of water is a Godless fish.

Poor fish.

My experience of "amness" is limited to what I have had in this body.
 I have no evidence to show "I" was here before or will exist when my
body dies. No one has any such evidence.  We are physical beings.  Why
do so many people want magic? I suppose it is the deep desire not to
die.  Which is a strong human characteristic and may be in part
responsible for our evolutionary success.

Ruth