> ---  Angela Mailander wrote:
>
> The notion that there is "pure consciouness"
> as a substrate to the universe as the "unmanifest"
> is attractive, but I am not aware that anyone has
> offered anything like real evidence that this is the
> case, as Curtis has pointed out already.

This thread has reminded me of something I
used to tell new meditators. It went like this:

"We said in our introductory lecture that
consciousness is the source and substrate
of all creation. Since then, you've learned
how to let your awareness settle down to
the point that awareness can be aware of
itself for a bit - maybe just the barest instant.
And in the days since you've had this experience,
you've noted all kinds of changes and improvements
on your three days' checking forms. Those changes
are the first evidence that what we said in the intro
lecture was true - that all areas of life improve
when the essence of life, pure consciousness,
gains in one's awareness."

I'm fine with this surmise ^ as far as it goes.
What I would have liked to see, however, if for
it to go further. Sometimes it seems the benefits
I accrued from TM didn't go much further than
those observed on the three days' checking forms.