When we were kids the strain of the 60's-70's was sativa which
produced a mentally energized psychedelic buzz. With the rise of super
growers in Amsterdam, who were trying to mimic heroin highs, and also
because it is a shorter denser more commercially profitable plant,
Indica strains started to dominate with its physically paralyzing body
buzz. Now most of the winners of the cannabis cup in Amsterdam are a
blend of genetics.  But even though I also keep hearing this claim
about THC levels, my memory is that some of the kick ass "Acapulco
Gold" strains of our youth were no slouches.

An interesting difference between wine and weed connoisseurs is that
wine snobs only talk about taste,not the quality of the high.  But
aside from taste, weed gourmets can discuss the quality of high in
infinitesimal detail like you are on an experience group on a sidhis
course! That is till they fall asleep dunking double stuffed Oreos
into chocolate milk!

Just something I picked up in a casual glance of a magazine in a
waiting room...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm told that grass is a lot more potent than it used to be. A friend of
> mine (long-time Governor) was at the Telluride Blue Grass Festival a few
> years ago. A friend offered him a joint and he sat there smoking the
whole
> thing. His friend warned him that he'd better stop, but he didn't feel
> anything, so he continued. Then it hit him. He is a very well
established
> guy, but he said he was so freaked out and stoned that he had to sit
there
> for three hours before he could get up.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/10/2008