Curtis, I should mention that Humboldt County, where I practice, is
at the epicenter of the Emerald Triangle.  When you look at the
classified ads under "house rentals" here they frequently mention
whether or not the property is "215 friendly" or "grow
friendly".  '215' refers to Proposition 215, also known as the
Compassionate Use Act that allows the cultivation, possesssion, and
use of medical cannabis with a physician's recommendation.

Local law allows no more than 3 lbs. of 'bud' per qualified user, and
no more than 99 plants in cultivation.  It's almost impossible to
walk any distance around town here without smelling medicine in the
air.  So for that reason, too, India ain't any more special-er than
home sweet, skunky home.

**

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Let's see now... reason for going to India instead of staying
> home...oh I know...
>
> chillum packed with temple hash!
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Edg, I like 'form' just as much as the next guy, and see it (as
you
> > yourself have noted) as a reflection of what's inside.  I love
images
> > of the Gods because each one is a respository in form of some
> > aspiration of the human psyche that points back towards the self.
> >
> > Just so the Maharishi memorial for me (or so I would hope it to
be),
> > a place for pilgrimage, not because it's any special-er than any
> > place else, but because for me it'll be a touchstone for the
years of
> > my attention on Maharishi and what I gained through that
> > association.  Like swishing around in the hot water to feel the
heat
> > that's already there.
> >
> > There's no ultimate value for going anywhere or doing anything
except
> > the perceived gain to the individual.  I enjoy the anticipation
of a
> > pilgimage around many of the sacred sites of India associated
with
> > the history of Maharishi and Guru Dev just because.  No other
reason.

> > Marek
> >
> > **
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Marek,
> > >
> > > What spiritual reason is there for visiting the site?  Just
close
> > your
> > > eyes, and you're as close to Maharishi as anyone ever was....and
> > > symbols being only as valuable as the projection upon them, you
> > could
> > > do that from the comfort of home with simply imagining the
visit.

> > > I'm betting you have something to teach me, but I sure don't
get it.

> > > Edg
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<reavismarek@>