> i personally enjoy both music, and what Maharishi brought, and think
> that what he did and said were just as un self conscious and well
> meaning and universal as what any of us do and say. he was a
> creation of his environment just like anyone else, and how much you
> value his existence is a personal thing. buy into it, or not--
> doesn't matter.

You are missing the point of the discussion.

If I claimed that I am the only person in the history of music to play
"real" music. If I claimed that when I play music it is different from
any other human alive today who plays music.  That my music has
magical effects on my listeners unlike the effect of any other music,
including all the music of the past. If I claimed that it was the
greatest good fortune of all mankind that I decided to play music...

Someone might reach for a DSM-IV.  Not you, I know.  But someone who
is interested in these distinctions. In my world everyone is not the
same Jim.  Some people are a bit "hinkie."  And speculating on exactly
what version of "hinkiness" Maharishi was running might be of more
interest to people who spent some time with him personally than those
who didn't.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>