Kirk said:
<  Some yogis have noted TMers--esp. TM-Sidhi practitioners have blocks
in their "nervous system" (actually their pranic bodies) that can prevent such
full
awakening.>

What exactly causes these alleged blocks?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That vampired look I have determined comes from squeezing the eyes shut for
many hours a day which gives a person bruises under their eyes (dark circles)
and
also from the lack of sunlight. I used to look like that from rounding. Most
people do
at some point.
experience

>   On Mar 11, 2008, at 12:56 AM, endlessrainintoapapercup wrote:
>

>     I don't know what type of experience you are talking about,
> matrixmonitor...I'm
only
>     addressing the issue of conscious transcendence. If transcendence isn't
conscious,
>     how can anyone say with any certainty that it exists?
>
>     My words about deeper states of meditative absorption were not intended
reflect
>     TM-teach. I was just acknowledging that the experience I described, of
> pure
>     consciousness beyond form, is just the beginning of culturing deeper and
>     deeper meditative states. TM may not acknowledge them, but other
> meditation
>     traditions do. My original question was simply whether TM produces
> conscious
>     transcendence for others, as it doesn't seem to do so for me.
>

>   Until you're centered and fully transcended at the level of the
> makara-bindu and
"open the eye of knowledge", the "third eye" as the TM puja mentions, most
TMers
will just languish in a laya-samadhi. The techniques to actually awaken
awareness
there aren't taught in TM, so unless you're somehow predisposed to awaken so
highly, it just doesn't happen.

>   Some yogis have noted TMers--esp. TM-Sidhi practitioners have blocks in
> their
"nervous system" (actually their pranic bodies) that can prevent such full
awakening.

>   Rounding continuously for decades in a laya can't be a good thing. But if
> you've
ever met the sickly Purusha's of the TMO and the resultant distorted
personality
types, one does start to wonder how healthy it is. Some of these guys looks
like they
were vampirized for years. It's also probably why TM doesn't make the brain
very
coherent at all like as is seen in deep meditation/samadhi.