(snip)
> What would be the appropriate Vedic punishment? After all, we want to
> be in accord with natural law!
>
> We were thinking ghee-boarding may be the way the go, but you know us
> crazy Americans.
>
> Super Radiantly Yours,
>
> Vaj

I heard today, that water-boarding was only the first step, in the
techniques used by the CIA...
You know the US absorbed much of the information on torture, from the
Nazis who were practiced in the art of torture and other human
depravities...
This was a very dark time in German history, and human history.
We are at a turning point, hopefully we can turn away from such animal
like reactions and become more human, as we supposedly  evolve...

As far as an appropriate punishment, we can leave that to the 'Lords
of Karma'...
They don't miss a beat, just waiting for the 'right time'.