Vaj wrote:
> As I believe I've explained here before,

Well no, you haven't explained much of anything here
before. In fact, you've been deliberatly trying to
obsfucate, so far as I can tell. And you're always
trying to trash the Marshy. For what purpose?

> in an agama like this one, samyama has a different
> meaning than it does in yoga-darshana. In fact,
> many different technical terms have different
> meanings in different darshanas or ways-of-seeing.

No it doesn't - many of the terms used in Kashmere
Shaivism mean the very same thing as in the Raja Yoga
system of Patanjali. In addition, with the exception
of the concept of 'Maya', many of the terms used in
Kashmere Shaivism mean the very same thing in the
Adwaita Vedanta espoused by the Adi Shankaracharya.

> In the samyama of this school, there is no outward
> stroke (vyutthana).

This is almost a totally meaningless statement, Vaj.

'Samyama' is the combined, simultaneous practice of
dharana, dhyana, and samadhi. That's TM you idiot!

It's the very same thing in the Hindu Tantras.

Samyama is activated subconsciously in non-structured
form by any thinking activity and experiencing deep
levels of trance induction or meditation.

Kashmere Shaivism is a form of transcendental,
realistic idealism; a form of absolute monism.
According to Kashmere Shaivism, 'Cit' is pure
consciousness - the One reality.

Kashmir Shaivism resembles Hindu tantra, and both
have as their key symbol the Shri Yantra, as I
previously stated, which was established by the Adi
Shankara in Kashmere and at the four principle mathas
- Sringeri, Puri, Jyotir, Dwarka, and at Kanchi.

In Kashmere Shaivism, the 'aham' bija mantra is
considered to be a non-dual interior space of Lord
Shiva, which supports the entire manifestation.
'Aham' in Kashmere Shaivism is the 'Supreme' bija
mantra and is identical to Shakti. There should be
repetition of it, and meditation on it.

Kashmere Shaivism is called 'trika' based on the
three fundamental states of consciousness:

   1. ja-grat - waking state
   2. svapna - dreaming
   3. sus.upti - dreamless sleep

Turiya is the fourth, which is pure consciousness,
which is indescribable.