On Jun 8, 2008, at 9:38 AM, sandiego108 wrote:

That's because when you're in the exalted state Jim is,
Barry, empathy is for suckers, you know?  It stirs the emotions
and whispers to your conscience, and before you know it
life's become messy.  So, to avoid all that nonsense, Jim
and others who feel like him maintain (or try to) the illusion
that they're above it all, achieving a kind of weird
sterility devoid of most humanity or any real emotions.

And, of course, never having come face-to-face with the
object of your herofication (Hey,I think I just made
up a word!) is very convenient.  Why deal with reality when
you can live in fantasyland instead?

Sal

and this from a woman Barry calls the closest thing to Mother Divine on this forum...case closed, Ms. Empathy.

Hey, Jim,  you got somebody else I could pass the mantle to?
All this holy sh*t gets exhausting after a while.

Sal