<snip>
> You both talk a good game about relieving suffering,
> but you don't chat with the maid when she comes to
> clean your room and ask her what her life is like,
> and you don't tip her when she leaves.

Oh, actually you've already tried for three.

BZZZZZZZZT. Wrong again.

I don't spend a lot of time in hotels, but when I do
I always leave a tip. In my limited experience,
the maid has come to clean when I'm not in the room,
so I haven't have the chance to talk with her; but
I'd be almost certain to do so if I did.

As it happens, chatting with those who perform a
service for you is something of a family tradition,
one that we've always enjoyed, both for the human
connection in and of itself, and because you always
learn something interesting. Can't tell you how
many fascinating conversations I've had with cab
drivers, for example.

And we've always been big tippers.