> Curtis, think you are going a little overboard with your rejecting a
lot > of yogic science.

I just said it is faith based, and it is.  I don't share your faith.
You also pick and choose what you have faith in.  Just putting the
words yogic and science together does not make it so.  I see no reason
to believe that the methods of science have anything to do with these
claims.  Do you think the early yogis did double blind studies on
their sounds to determine their effects?  No it as Maharishi says is
traditional.

  You are throwing out the baby with the bathwater in > your attempt
to debase TM.

What are you talking about, an "attempt to debase TM?"  I just don't
buy into all the beliefs, I practice TM and think it is a nice
relaxation technique.  So what is the baby, all the beliefs that
surround the practice?

 There are differences between different > sounds and their effect
upon the human nervous system.

Restating the dogma is not providing more information.  I don't
believe that the guys who claim this are basing it on more than
religious tradition.  Remember that Maharishi started teaching TM in
India with 2 mantras right?  If you are claiming that the TM mantras
are assigned according to some profound criteria I have one response:
The second advanced technique.  This marketing claim doesn't hold up.

It is sound > science.

Oh reaaaaaaly.

<I would expect better from a fellow musician.>

We aren't talking about audible music we are talking about a thought
in your head. And shaming tactics in a discussion of ideas haven't
worked on me since I was 10.