On Sep 24, 2008, at 1:11 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

A good point, if you have these shows available
TO pay for. I do not. I would have to wait for
1-2 years to be able to see them either on over-
priced DVDs (which I have to hack my DVD player
to be able to play here) or broadcast on Spanish
TV, dubbed.

I also live in a country in which downloading
these things for private use is NOT against the
law. Technically, the only TV shows that you
could be prosecuted for downloading in the US
are the ones marked PREAIR, released before
their broadcast date. No lawsuit has ever been
filed for downloading already-broadcast TV
shows.

That's interesting and it does make a certain amount of sense for programs broadcast 'over the airwaves'. It however doesn't make sense for cable or satellite.

Many people have been prosecuted for stealing cable.

I remember when I rented my first apartment years ago, I signed up for cable. Later the cable company came after me for cable theft. So I called them up: here all the other tenants had tapped into my cable and so the cable company came after me. And I was the ONLY one legally paying for it!

Besides, I like being a pirate. Have you seen
the first few episodes of Dexter and Californi-
cation? I have. :-)

Yes, I've seen all of them.