Alex Stanley wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Besides, I like being a pirate. Have you seen
>> the first few episodes of Dexter and Californi-
>> cation? I have. :-)
>>

> According to the Showtime site, the season 3 premiere of Dexter is
> Sept. 28, yet the BitTorrent trackers already have it available. How
> is that possible if the episode hasn't even aired yet?
Screeners sent to reviewers (whoever they are - wink).  A friend that
owned a video rental place used to give loan me screeners of films to be
released on DVD for my opinion.  These are sent out to get the owners to
order the title.  Screeners often have messages displayed every so once
in a while or have the time codes displayed which makes for a bad
looking copy.

To some extent the networks aren't too concerned about the downrezzed
(Flash, WMV) versions and in fact many are making some of those
available to view for free plus even putting them on the DVDs they ship
as "digital versions."  They don't like the DVD quality and HD versions.