--- On Mon, 10/13/08, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: URGENT MESSAGE FROM RAJA HAGELIN
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 7:01 PM

On Oct 13, 2008, at 6:47 PM, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED], Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 13, 2008, at 6:26 PM, Peter wrote:

You know when a science is no longer a science and just dogma?
When
there is no way to disprove the theory which is the higher-
order
explanation for the empirical evidence. Let's see, our self-
chosen
criteria for quantifying the ME go up. Well, we're responsible
for
that. These self-same criteria go down, well, we're responsible
for
that too, but now we have a brand new ad hoc explanation as to
why
they go down: phase transition. Notice the a priori assumption
that
the ME is an absolute given and the ad hoc explanation is to
rationalize the contradictory evidence away.

I'd love to ask John, "You state that the ME is a scientific
theory
which means it is open to nullification. So, John, what
empirical
findings would nullify the ME?"

Very well said.

it is quite interesting that the Maharishi used to say "through the -
window- of science, we see the dawn of the age of enlightenment". He
didn't say, "...through science, we see...".

What was disturbing to me, in years of conversation with Mahesh's
old secretaries, (esp. one who helped put together what was to become known as
"SCI"), was how M. said he would use science to forward his mission.
Use science. But he clearly was not interested in finding the truth about TM,
TMSP, etc. He was instead interested in creating a pseudoscience which could be
used as a front for selling his various services and appealing to western
geeks, the buyers.
You're new here so you may not even be aware, much of this has been discussed
previously here in some detail. "Vedic Science" is well known among Hindu
scientists as a form pseudoscience and Hindu fundamentalism. In India, in
considerable contradistinction to our western views, it is considered an
extreme right-wing and fundamentalist trend (here it seems very left wing). We
see remarkably similar parallels in the phenomenon known as "Creation Science"
in fundamentalist Christianity.

Creation science is dogma that uses pseudo-scientific sounding clap-trap to
validate itself. Absurd.