On Oct 13, 2008, at 7:39 PM, Peter wrote:
<sinister clip>

>> it is quite interesting that the Maharishi used to say
>> "through the -
>> window- of science, we see the dawn of the age of
>> enlightenment". He
>> didn't say, "...through science, we see...".
>
> The point here is that the TMO keeps on claiming a scientifically
> provable effect called the ME. All real science claims can be
> nullified if evidence does not support the hypothesis. The problem
> with the ME is that absolutely nothing can occur that would nullify
> it!This is not science. Stop calling it science. Its dogma, which is
> fine, but stop pretending its science.

This is so important in science. There must not be merely a 'null
hypothesis' but instead a rigorously sought out null hypothesis. The
benefit to a true scientist is paramount: if you really, really try to
falsify (prove wrong) your idea and it survives that rigorous
onslaught, it may actually contain important relative truth, samvritti.

If this is absent, all sorts of aberrations and manipulations are
possible.

Mahesh used to decry such proofs as "non-Vedic"

Indeed.