> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > You know when a science is no longer a science and just dogma?
When
> > there is no way to disprove the theory which is the higher-order
> > explanation for the empirical evidence. Let's see, our self-chosen
> > criteria for quantifying the ME go up. Well, we're responsible
for that.
> > These self-same criteria go down, well, we're responsible for
that too,
> > but now we have a brand new ad hoc explanation as to why they go
down:
> > phase transition. Notice the a priori assumption that the ME is an
> > absolute given and the ad hoc explanation is to rationalize the
> > contradictory evidence away.
> > >
> > > I'd love to ask John, "You state that the ME is a scientific
theory
> > which means it is open to nullification. So, John, what empirical
> > findings would nullify the ME?"
> > >

> > Very simple. Have 1,000 sidhas sit on one room and do flying at a
> > certain time. Have a bunch of non-meditators sit in another room
and
> > unaware of the first. Measure  the second groups' brainwave
changes and
> > other responses. If nothing happens you'll know. Done deal.
> >
> > Travis had something similar to this published in the
Interntaional
> > Journal of Neuroscience.... twice !...and you are an anti-science
freak
> > because you want to throw this and other science out the window.
> >
> > OffWorld
> >

> Problem is, there's a ceiling effect on alpha coherence during TM,
at least
> as measured in the general EEG experiments. Travis stopped doing
those
> experiments years ago, I believe, or you would have seen larger,
more carefully
> conducted ones published.
>
> Lawson

But why would he stop doing the experiments, if there is anything
to it at all it's the most amazing breakthrough in scientific
undertsnding ever! I'm serious. The only abstract I could find
in the Journal of Neuroscience claims to have found evidence of
a field effect, if true it's massive.

I suspect faulty controls and would like to see it replicated a few
hundred times by independents. But even if it turns out to be true
what does it mean for the stock market? Does increased coherence
make you more moral and less likely to gamble away peoples savings?
I think that one thing FFL has proved is that you don't get any
kind of consensus on anything between people who have been doing TM
for years, so what can you predict for society if we were all
doing it?