Here's my complaint:

When I turned 50 several years ago my doctor prescribed that I have a
colonoscopy done.  Apparently, at that age, it's good to have it
checked.  Whatever.

Boy, the trouble you have to go through: not only fast the night
before but take this god-awful stuff that makes you poo-poo out every
last drop of fecal matter so that those doing the exam have clear
sailing when looking to see what's up in there.

Well, thankfully, they knock you out with one of those wonderful
drugs that make you feel that chemicals are oh-so-much-better than
your last meditation so you don't feel that huge plastic thing they
shove up your butt to do the exam.

My complaint is that while they've got you under and your goddamn
sphincter is expanded to accomodate the plastic doo-hickey you'd
think they'd kill two birds with one stone!

Check my goddamn prostate while you're up there, won't you buddy?

If you don't I will, on my next visit to my GP, have to suffer
through the doctor sticking his plastic-gloved middle finger up there
WHILE I DON'T HAVE THE BENEFIT OF DRUGS and have to be humiliated
bent over on his exam table.  I've had to go through that twice
before with doctors and, no, sorry, I can't "just try and relax"
those particular muscles once every 15 years so you can feel around.

Why it isn't standard practise to do the prostate exam at the same
time as a colonoscopy I'll never know!

"Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people
scream." -- Bren telling Juno while she can't have her spinal tap
just yet.  From "Juno"

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal"
<l.shad...@...> wrote:

> I have a very close friend who has just been diagnosed with prostate
> cancer.  3 nodes of the biopsy have a Gleason Index of 7.  Otherwise
> my friend is in excellent health and recently had an Ayurvedic
consult
> at the Raj and was pretty much given a clean bill of health.  My
> friend and I are debating what to do.  My friend also lives in
Austin,