--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> Why all this resistance to surgery? Flax seeds? Give me a break.
Once the horse has left the barn any nutritional approach is a tad
late! Again, why all this resistance to standard medical procedures?

I'm not suggesting conventional or non conventional but would like to
share my brother's experience. His PSA was high for many years, 24,
normal is around 2. He kept telling me for years that the majority of
people with high PSA don't need surgery, that even with cancer, the
progression is slow for most men and means nothing. One day he calls
me and said that the doctor insisted on a biopsy and they found that
the prostate was cancerous and was on the verge of metastasizing,
cancer cells passing beyond the walls of the prostate into the blood
stream. IOW, he caught it just in time. He found a guy in Southern
California who had performed thousands of robotic procedures just as
you described and had it done. His surgery was successful. His life
was saved. Robotics according to him, is the way to go. It can
decrease the side effect of loosing ability to control urination. This
sometimes happens after prostate surgery. You're supposed to exercise
this muscle after surgery. My brother is now in great shape and is
happy he did it.