--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <lengli...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > One thing I have learned by this little exchange and others is that
> > apparently it is fine with the culture here to dis someone in public
> > based on a personal message.  Okie dokie.
> >

> Um, feeling defensive are we?

Defensive is not the word.   It is the fact that there is not enough
of a level of trust between us that I can't even ask a private
question off hand without you using it as a gotcha on the public
forum.    Personally, I never disclose what people say to me in a pm
unless they make a disclosure first. Some people here have shared
private information with me, including who they are in "real life."  I
hope people here see now how risky that could be if you share with the
wrong person.