On Feb 14, 2009, at 6:00 PM, ruthsimplicity wrote:

> No point in us arguing this.  We disagree as to their conclusions.
> Apparently you can't believe that they have the background to conclude
> that the studies they excluded from their report were either not
> sufficiently rigorous or did not report anything of significant
> interest.
>
> It is, however, the TM researcher's job to specifically show what the
> theoretical framework is for their work.

Interesting because one of the researchers is probably the most
qualified man in the world to comment on EEG, having been the section
editor of the state of the art work on Human electroencephalography,
esp. electroencephalography and meditation. Davidson's also the man
who's systematically mapped the correlates of alpha.

These guys ain't no slouchers. ;-)

But I agree, it's probably not worth discussing without someone
willing to be honest and objective. Fundamentalists aren't likely to
change their beliefs, but they will do whatever they can to obfuscate
and misdirect, a form of dishonesty common in fundamentalists of many
sorts.