Duveyoung wrote:
> ...all of America will see our beloved
> leaders calmly cherry picking amongst
> the most vile of torture techniques like
> they were picking out their favorite
> doughnuts at Crispy Creme.

You need to stop with all the exagerations,
Edg. The U.S. doesn't torture people. Maybe
you should get some smarts and read the law.
Torture means to inflict "severe physical or
mental pain or suffering."

Splashing water on a terrorist's face in
the shower hardly describes torture.
According to the law in Iraq and Afghainistan,
murder is punishable by a public hanging.

Apparently you don't even know that the U.S.
Senate already rejected a bill in 2006 to
make "waterboarding" illegal.

Abu Zubaydah was one of the highest ranking
members of al Qaeda - Osama bin Laden's
senior lieutenant. According to what I've
read, Zubaydah had been involved in every
major al Qaeda terrorist operation including
9/11, and was "planning future terrorist
attacks" against the U.S.A.

What would you do to stop him - hold his
hand and pat him on the back?

"Both memos noted that the legislative
history of the 1994 torture statute was
"scant." Neither house of Congress had
hearings, debates or amendments, or provided
clarification about terms such as "severe"
or "prolonged mental harm." There is no
record of Rep. Jerrold Nadler -- who now
calls for impeachment and a criminal
investigation of the lawyers -- trying to
make any act (e.g., waterboarding) illegal,
or attempting to lessen the specific intent
standard..."

Read more:

'Critics Still Haven't Read the 'Torture'
Memos'
By Victoria Toensing
Wall Street Journal, May 16, 2009
http://tinyurl.com/qg9rqx

The United Nations Convention Against Torture
and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment:
www.globallawbooks.org