> > > oath?
> > >
> > Well, I can't imagine a professional
> > public servant employee of the CIA
> > lying to congressional leaders, in
> > an Intelligence Committee briefing,
> > but I can imagine a politician like
> > Nancy Pelosi lying every single day
> > in a press conference on TV.
>
> I can easily imagine a CIA representative shading the facts
> presented to a member of Congress in a way commensurate
> with White House policy.
>

> Lawson

Besides, the question of what Pelosi knew or didn't, or when she did or didn't
know, is irrelevant to how W. and Cheney broke the law and authorized torture.

Philip Zelikow, who was State Department counselor for Condi Rice and executive
director of the 9/11 Commission, testified last week before Congress that
torture was "a collective failure and it was a mistake," perhaps "a disastrous
one."

~~  Maureen Dowd
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/opinion/17dowd.html?ref=opinion