sparaig wrote:
> I can easily imagine a CIA representative
> shading the facts presented to a member
> of Congress in a way commensurate with
> White House policy.

But, you can't imagine a politician trying
to lie to the American public in order to
win another election?

"If the CIA's interrogation methods were so
outrageous that they now warrant a "truth
commission" - a process likely to destroy
the careers of Bush administration and CIA
officials who supported the policies - why
is it that they did not even rate a
milquetoast memo when the San Francisco
Democrat learned of them?"

Full report:

'Now the lady doth protest too much'
By Debra J. Saunders
San Francisco Chronicle, Sunday, May 17, 2009
http://tinyurl.com/o6fg38