--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wg...@...> wrote:

> snip
> > It's very important to Barry that no one reality be
> > any more valid than any other, because that way *he
> > can never be wrong, nor can he ever be said to lie*.
> > He desperately needs this justification for his
> > solipsism.
>
> Does this sound like you Barry?
>
>     * Main Entry: so·lip·sism
>     * Pronunciation: \&#712;s&#333;-l&#601;p-&#716;si-z&#601;m, &#712;sä-\
>
> A theory holding that the self can know nothing but
> its own modifications and that the self is the only
> existent thing; also : extreme egocentrism.

Mostly the second definition; but it's more than that.
As we've seen over and over again, here and on alt.m.t--
but it's been getting much worse on FFL--he simply
invents his own reality, without ever bothering to see
if it resembles consensus reality, or archival reality,
for that matter.

And as far as he's concerned, his invented reality is
*just as valid* as consensus or archival reality.

It isn't a philosophy, in other words; it's a pathology.