dhamiltony2k5 wrote:
>> Does Polanski's case make his films any less worthy?  He IS one of our
>> great filmmakers.
> Benefit from the crime?  He should not.
> Shun, shun his movies entirely until fugitive Polanski returns to justice,
> sentence is given, he has served it and he has reformed.  Is outrageous
> behavior otherwise to send royalties to such an a-social bail-jumping
> character.  The guy pretty obviously is an outlaw, and should be banished as
> such from civil society.

I brought this up because of this local filmmaker  AND the next door
neighbors told me their son was one of his high school buddies.  I have
never discussed with them Salva's child molestation charges.  He has
made some award winning films that I have seen and you may have too.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0759207/bio

No, I won't boycott Polanski's films.  My point is his films have
nothing to do with the crime.  I agree with Turq and others that he got
a bad deal.  One Polanski film I watched recently, "Repulsion", made in
1965 was quite interesting.  I want to take the segments where he has
the street skittle band playing and put a tune of mine in it.  The tune
is a little ear worm that along with the video will drive a few friends
crazy. :-D