In 2001 I lost my attachment to the TM
organization without dropping my beliefs
in the TM worldview. To me, identification
with the True Self - pure consciousness -
is vitally important to individual and
collective health. I still believe that
collective consciousness influences
individual thoughts and actions. I believe
the world is going through a phase transition
in the Domash-Hagelin sense of that term. To
me, the Science of Creative Intelligence is
a great explanation of how creation works.

I still consider TM to be a super-nifty way
to transcend, although I no longer consider
it to be the only practical way.

I realized I no longer felt a deep attachment
to the TM organization in January of 2001. I
realized it had been about a month since I
had yearned to return to the TM womb - a
yearning that had been fairly constant for
me up until that time. The switch just
happened. An ooga-booga consultant offered
an explanation for the change in attitude,
but it's too woo-woo to repeat.

The shift in attitude was automatic and
easy, but it took a while to "integrate
it," as the saying goes. Discussions on
Fairfield Life played an integral role in
helping my intellect catch up with my heart
during much of 2002 and 2003. Lots of postings
of that era dealt with helping people question
teachings and find answers to dissonances.

I'm a long way from re-certifying as a TM
teacher, but I like what the organization
is trying to do and look forward to its success.