jan:
> > ...my TM technique stopped working for me
> > after about 20 years.

Jeff:
> > And we all know that you secretly got married,
> > have 2 kids and live in Paris. Nice you can
> > get it all off your chest your Naderness.

Everyone on the planet is practing meditation,
and everyone is transcending, all the time.

There's probably not a single person who doesn't
pause once or twice a day, and take stock of
their own mental contents.

It doesn't have anything to do with Nader in
Paris or whether or not he has two kids and then
got secretly married, Jeff.

Meditation means to 'think things over' - the
practice of meditation is based on thinking.

According to the Maharishi, anyone who can think
can meditate. Maharishi said that any technique
that enables the transcending could be termed
'transcendental meditation'.

There is no beginning or end to transcending,
and there's no stopping in 'TM'. Anytime you
'think' you are transcending to another level
of consciousness. It's a purely mechanical
process.

But, according to the Maharishi, TM practice
is NOT the cause of the experience of unity
consciousness. TM just provides the *ideal*
opportunity to be doing the transcending.

According to Zen Master Suzuki, all you have
to do is 'sit'. This 'just sitting' IS the
enlightened state. All you have to do is 'be
aware of being aware'.

It's that simple.

Meditation is just what intelligent people do.