--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>
wrote:

> Okay, thanks for elaborating on that.  I follow along pretty
> well, and see the point you are trying to make. Apart from
> this consideration, however, when you introduce "karma" into
> the equation, then I think things get more personal. Like,
> you die. You are reborn. You have a period of reflection in
> between. (my notion only) You have your good and bad actions
> which now need to be balanced back on the earthly plane.

Just as a point, a belief in karma does *not* imply a
belief in reincarnation. My original example of "thief
samskaras" created by getting away with being a thief
in the past works just as well if you don't believe in
reincarnation at all.

> From some of things I've read, mostly from Rudolf Steiner,
> there is a pretty elaborate, yet straight forward protocal.

For what? I am unfamiliar with Steiner, and thus don't
know what you are referring to.

> ...(and by the way, he does not bring up the idea of God in
> describing this work out)   But I am not sure how the notion
> of karma, and the resolution of our karma gets balanced without
> the intervention of some kind of higher organzizing power,
> divine or otherwise.

"Intervention" would obviate and invalidate the whole
idea of karma, which IMO is that *you* are supposed to
learn from the results of your own actions. You steal.
Something happens to your state of attention as a
result; it sinks "lower." You steal again, it happens
again. Sooner or later you figure this out and stop
stealing. There is no "intervention" involved with
this, merely individual responsibility.

I think people get all fucked up by associating the
very simple, clear concept of karma with the very
murky, unclear concept of reincarnation. I am talk-
ing about karma in its sense as simple actions and
the results of those action. I said, nor implied,
anything about reincarnation in my previous posts.