--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>
wrote:

> The very same thing is what jumped out for me. As I see it,
> from the perspective of "Waking Down Brand Second Birth
> Awakening", having awoken to my ocean nature makes being a
> wave/drop a WHOLE lot more fun and easier to deal with. Like
> Adyashanti describes it, it's a very peaceful, quiet freedom.
> For me, it's such a huge relief that I can't comprehend
> someone thinking it's not good enough.

Similarly, I cannot conceive of anyone clinging to
and glorifying the Maharishi-promoted idea that the
ultimate goal of life -- having realized "200% of
life" (transcendent and relative coexisting peace-
fully in enlightenment) -- is to at that point die
and go back to 100% (transcendent only), as if that
were an admirable or a worthy goal, much less the
"highest goal in life."

I think that a lot of my inability to conceive of
such a belief system is the same thing that gives
me pause with Buddha's supposed First Noble Truth,
that "Life is suffering." Life is *not* suffering
for me. Never has been. Hope that it never will be.
Unlike many, I was *never* drawn to meditation and
the spiritual path because I felt that my current
life was "suffering" or didn't work. I felt that
my life was pretty cool; I was merely looking for
ways to make it cooler.

Thus when Maharishi talked about his "drop returning
to the ocean" theory of what happens when a realized
person dies, I mumbled "Bullshit" under my breath
and ignored it completely and focused on the parts
of his teachings that seemed oriented to developing
more integration and mastery in one's daily life,
and using those skills to interact more *fully*
with life. There was never a moment along the Way
in which I felt drawn to become a recluse, and
reject the relative world.

However, there are people who *do* feel that the
"highest path" is to be found in rejecting the rela-
tive world. We have a few of them on this forum. One
of them (Shankara) founded the order that Maharishi
came from. The twif who wrote this letter that Rick
reposted seems to be another.

While I respect their predilection in life, and their
desire to *get out of* that life rather than live it
more fully, I'm just never gonna go there. It is not
in *my* predilection to do so. My daily life and the
enjoyment of it has been *enhanced* by more than 40
years of meditation practice. It's been a marvelous
ride. When I die, I hope that the ride goes on for
40 more incarnations, or even more than that. It is
difficult for me to conceive of anyone who has missed
the magic of life so thoroughly that they'd not only
want it to END, and end FOREVER, but think of that
as the "highest goal" of life itself.