Now Turq;....you know this isn't true.  Fundamentalist Christians begin with
accepting Jesus as your personal Savior as the necessary ingredient for
Salvation. Everybody else (the unsaved), are doomed.
Once the Kingdom arrives (naturally through Jesus the Messiah); then Christians
look forward to a special place in that Kingdom - Heaven on Earth as it is in
Heaven; and happiness for all the saved; forever and ever.
I appreciate some of your pointed criticisms regarding Enlightenment and the
dangers of unquestioning acceptance of the model; so let's go back to square 1.
Unfortunately, your pov is pitted against the likes of the Buddha, Shankara,
Ramana Maharshi, MMY; etc; and you have about as much Foundation to stand on as
the Thelma and Louise characters having driven off a cliff: nada....compared to
the Spiritual Giants of history.

And then we come to modern history, post advent of MMY and the attempt by the
philosopher/pundit Wilber to summarize somehow the entire corpus of Advaitic
literature into a set of a few volumes.
Extracting nondualism from the various religious contexts, Wilber has come up
with the "Great Tradition"; called by ADi Da: "Advaitayana Buddhism".
The key point of Advaitayana Buddhism as I see it is that going back to the
Buddha, :

a. the very structure of material existence involving Samsara is inherently
suffering:...the wheel of transmigration

Now here's where you departe from the "Great Tradition":

1. first, you question the existence of Enlightenment itself, which is an
absurdity and can be dismissed outright. Or, we can zero in on MMY's "Unity".
There's enough evidence for that

2. Next, you say that you relish physical embodiment on this planet and would
not hesitate to engage in 20 more of such incarnations.
I seriously doubt that if one of your incarnations has you getting ALS at an
early age.

3. The only credible leg you have to stand on is questioning the value of
techniques and their value in the short run; since even dismissing the entire
concept of Enlightenement,

4....people continue with the practice of techniques due to some benefits in
the short run.; such as the experience of "Transcendence" which can be
precipitated through the practice of TM.

5. The bottom line: even allowing for the complete elimination of the
concept/idea of Enlightenment, we can account for people's continued practice
of techniques such as TM (or whatever); on the same basis that in the short
run, you derive benefits from your pleasures.

6. Concerning short-term benefits then, we can take a statistical approach:
most people that started TM quit soon afterwards; but others have continued
with TM or other techniques, because it gives them some benefits in the short
run.

To conclude, you have made a fairly good point about the "idea" of
Enlightenment but virtually no dent in countering the fact that some people
derive various benefits in the short run for their Sadhana.
That might be: more peace of mind, more efficiency,...to some extent but not to
the same degree implied by the TMO people.
In addition to the short term benefits; there's an intermediate term outcome:
that of PROGRESSION and EVOLUTION.  That is, after 2x years of practice for
example, people in some way may be better off on some levels than after x years
of practice.

The experience of evolutionary benefits must be tacked onto the short term
benefits.  All told, the evolutionary benefits over time: 5, 10, 15...20, years
point to (true) an "Idea" but it's based/predicated on some direct experience
of a progression.

OTOH, without practice, no progression. Just more wine-tasing, shooting the
breeze with friends, and looking at the Babes.

So people may choose which way to go, or perhaps accept Jesus as one's personal
Savior.