--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff" <rorygoff@...> wrote:

> > > I don't know; it would seem to me that virtually all of us,
> > > "Awake" or not, could comprehend this if they have the
> > > ability to notice how their own bodymind feels to them when
> > > they hold a given thought. This stuff is making a great deal
> > > of sense to many thousands of "ordinary" people on this
> > > planet;

Maybe you've been "Awake" too long to remember what it was like before that
shift, but it would seem to me that this stuff could easily make no sense at
all to those who haven't made that shift. I totally understand your perspective
here, but it wasn't too long ago that I would have completely dismissed it as
incomprehensible nonsense.

> JS: Is it up for a vote?
>
> RG: I think actually it's already been voted on by the hundreds
> of thousands of people who have read and enjoyed Tolle, or
> watched him on Oprah, or read Byron Katie, and so on. I have no
> doubt that both of these authors will make no sense to many
> millions if not billions more, however.

Judging from what I read on Oprah's message boards, even those who fully
embrace Tolle are fully capable of humongous misconceptions and totally *not*
getting it, despite embracing it wholeheartedly.