--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...> wrote:

> "In Unity, who is it who has this control?"
>
> From a personal perspective, we do. One thing I've noticed about stabilized
> states of consciousness is that they always feel normal. So if someone is in
> the waking state, or CC, or Unity, it always feels normal, it always feels
> like us.
>
> I was just thinking that the progression, the evolution of states of
> consciousness, is like learning to dance with an invisible partner, and by
> doing so, we learn bit by bit how to perform the dance as perfectly, as
> creatively, and as powerfully as the Universe itself. Cosmic life.
>
> But there is always a "me" in the experience, a unique way of expressing this
> "no self". Once the Universe has granted us the grace to express ourselves on
> Its behalf, we continue to move forward as ourselves, simultaneously seeing
> the innocent reflection of the Divine everywhere, yet continuing to do the
> things we ourselves enjoy doing, regardless of the state of our consciousness.
>
> Does that answer your question?

Well, it's *an* answer, thanks. But I've been reading
some of Michael DG's old posts, and he makes a
distinction, as I understand him, between the state
where there's still a "me" in the experience and the
state where that disappears (maybe Brahman Consciousness
rather than Unity? I'll have to go back and check).

I'm also faintly remembering a post Jonathan Levy made
(another brilliant articulator of MMY's teaching) on the
old, old TM-list back in the late '90s that had to do
with the dynamics of a person in Unity having the desire
that a bird should sing. I can't begin to recapitulate
what he said, other than that there was no way to
formulate that situation in words without paradox. And
then he went ahead and formulated the paradox.

I mention it just in case anyone here who was on that
list remembers what he said. It was a sort of Aha!
experience for me; it's still the basis of my (purely
intellectual) understanding of Unity, but it's so
abstract I just give up trying to express it in words.