--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> RESPONSE: Transcending in TM, does it mean the actual individual flesh and
> bones human being stops existing? What possible relevance does transcending
> in TM have to do with dying

Transcending is 'conscious' dying, though the body still retains its vivifying
principles (pranas) allowing the soul (jiva) to re-enter it.

In final death the 'silver cord' is snapped, severing the portal of prana
resulting in death. In transcending the silver cord remains in tact.

St. Paul said, "I die daily", even in sleep we actually die, temporarily (not
consciously).