--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...> wrote:

> "MMY: When an ordinary man leaves his body it's a very great pain. When a
> realized man leaves the body it's the experience of greatest happiness-bliss.
>
> maskedzebra: Wrong. Maharishi has no direct or verifiable knowledge of this."
>
> Yet another opinion:
>
> Hi maskedzebra (I am assuming Grevy's...), Direct knowledge and verifiable
> knowledge are two different things. So Maharishi, or anyone else, could have
> had direct knowledge of leaving his physical body, and describing it so, but
> it is unverifiable, so we have a choice to believe it or not, possibly based
> on our own direct and unverifiable experiences.
>
> To reject it out of hand because it is not verifiable is an unwise thing to
> do. On the one hand, you have definitively solved "the problem" by now
> creating a story from your own experiences that negates Maharishi's. On the
> other hand, you are giving yourself no choice but to accept your story over
> his, closing off the avenue of exploration regarding a possible association
> between TM and bodily death.
>
> Unfortunately this is the danger that comes from examining relics, whether in
> writing or otherwise. We are presented with this succinct, meaningful, and
> very limited quote of Maharishi's from 1968, without any context as to why he
> said it, or when, or about what. Certainly no opportunity for a follow up
> question.
>
> We then create an absolute of it, and create all of these ideas and
> associations, like looking through a pin hole and imagining the universe.
>
> Experience can never be defeated by logic, only enriched through subsequent
> experience. Perhaps a useful corollary to his words about TM and dropping the
> body is that other well known phrase of his, "Take it easy, take it as it
> comes".

That's why I love you Jim, you are wise, and unlike Rory, you speak a language
one can understand :-)

I agree on your point of knowledge taken out of context. Perhaps Maharishi made
a point in saying something. But He never said anything out of the blue. It had
a context to a question from the audiance, perhaps hours earlier, or an
experience someone just had or was about to have. Sometimes He gave voice to a
particular situation that was about to happen 20 - 30 years later regarding the
USA, Norway, Denmark or Kenya.

There is that sorrow in not being there with Him anymore, at least not in the
same way as before. But there is also a joy in thinking "We will meet again".
That is, if He so decides !

Only first one must be born... argh !