> I've looked through some
> of the previous posts and
> it looks like a very lively
> forum:-).
>
> I'm a mother of 6 and I have
> been meditating for 4 months.
> My meditation leaves me very
> relaxed and happy.

That is a good sign of correct meditation.

> One problem I have is ending the
> meditation at 20 minutes. After
> meditating for a few minutes
> I seem to drift off somewhere
> and before I know it 90 minutes
> have gone by.

Maharishi recommended that if you fall asleep during meditation be sure you
have some support for your head, you don't want your head falling unto your
chest without some support, this can cause serious  neck strain if unchecked.

Usually the rest during TM is deeper than regular sleep, remember to *finish*
your 20 minutes of actual meditation after you wake up. You may have some of
your best experiences then.

> My husband usually brings me
> round by turning on ESPN at
> full volume. He's angry I started
> meditating without his permission.
>
> I've asked my initiator and she
> said its not a big problem. She
> just told me to look at my watch more
> often. This has not worked yet. Any ideas?
>
> Also I'm trying to get my husband to
> start meditating but he is a devote Catholic
> and says TM is a form of Hinduism. I've told
> him that's nonsense but he's still not
> convinced. Any thoughts, I know
> it would be very good for him.

You certainly can practice TM and get results regardless of your Religion, be
you Catholic or Hindu. AS you delve deeper into the overall teachings you may
conclude they come closer to Hinduism than modern day Catholicism, though some
feel that even what Jesus taught was closer to Hinduism than modern day
Catholicism, but you'll have to decide that for yourself.