> have gone by.
>

>From my experience, and according to my understanding of the TM theory, that's
>a sign of pretty heavy duty stress being dealt with during meditation. When I
>was living in a moldy house (I'm allergic to mold), I would have that happen
>all the time. Ditto when I'm really tired or sick.

> My husband usually brings me
> round by turning on ESPN at
> full volume. He's angry I started
> meditating without his permission.

I cant say much about permissions in your household. As a child of the 60's and
70's in teh USA< this sounds rather retro to me.

> I've asked my initiator and she
> said its not a big problem. She
> just told me to look at my watch more
> often. This has not worked yet. Any ideas?

You could ask him to *kindly* knock on your door 30 minutes after you start
meditating just in case you fall asleep.

> Also I'm trying to get my husband to
> start meditating but he is a devote Catholic
> and says TM is a form of Hinduism. I've told
> him that's nonsense but he's still not
> convinced. Any thoughts, I know
> it would be very good for him.

I guess you could let him watch the videos about the Roman Catholic priest in
South America who teaches TM to the homeless children. Its hard to accuse him
of being hindu, I think. Of course, some people believe that yogic exercises
are automatically hindu, so you may not convince your husband of things. I know
people who refuse to watch native american rain dances because they see it as
participating in a pagan religion. Likewise with listening to sitar music since
that is "sacred music" according to hindu musicians and for them, it is an
religious act to perform, whether in public or private.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4sS3tHvQRQ&feature=player_embedded

Lawson