--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

>  this is the translation, as I remember it. It's not at all like anything,
> I've googled. For whatever reason, this is how Maharishi wanted us to
> understand the translation. IMO Maharishi's translation has less to do with
> the actual meaning of the Sanskrit words and more to do with the intention he
> wanted to convey on the feeling level of one's experience.
>
> Let us be together
> Let us eat together
> Let us be radiating the light of truth together
> Never shall we denounce anyone
> Never entertain negativity

Thanks, those last two inserted lines are also the kind of culture that
dictators and autocrats would use to get away with all kinds of ruthless crime
and abuse. Means to ends. It also explains a lot about the nature of the TM
movement culture in context.

I too am thinking this showed up later in the 1970's.  I don't remember it
before then. Bevan, Neil Patterson and the Wilsons displaced and took over the
reins from elders of the kinder-more-gentler old movement around then and this
version of Saha nav recited even by real TB'ers today makes for a clear way of
dealing with communication that is not essentially 'top-down'.  It is risky any
other direction than top-down.