--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> >  this is the translation, as I remember it. It's not at all like anything,
> > I've googled. For whatever reason, this is how Maharishi wanted us to
> > understand the translation. IMO Maharishi's translation has less to do with
> > the actual meaning of the Sanskrit words and more to do with the intention
> > he wanted to convey on the feeling level of one's experience.
> >
> > Let us be together
> > Let us eat together
> > Let us be radiating the light of truth together
> > Never shall we denounce anyone
> > Never entertain negativity
> >

> Thanks, those last two inserted lines are also the kind of culture that
> dictators and autocrats would use to get away with all kinds of ruthless
> crime and abuse. Means to ends. It also explains a lot about the nature of
> the TM movement culture in context.

Doug, I have no idea what you're talking about. The last two lines explains
nothing about the nature of TM culture. If you're trying to make a case that
"never entertain negativity" is a plot to control TMers so that the TMO can get
away with ruthless crime and abuse, you're making a conspiratorial mountain out
of a mole hill.

> I too am thinking this showed up later in the 19What culture of dictators are
> you talking about?

70's.  I don't remember it before then. Bevan, Neil Patterson and the Wilsons
displaced and took over the reins from elders of the kinder-more-gentler old
movement around then and this version of Saha nav recited even by real TB'ers
today makes for a clear way of dealing with communication that is not
essentially 'top-down'.  It is risky any other direction than top-down.