Aha Renie the  TMO songwriter beside Rick Archer have many nice innocent
memories  of a long gone era- so cute -thanks

See how children in the K-2 kindergarten (4 years old!) chant Saha Nav
Avatu at the MCEE Maharishi Centre for Educational Excellence in
Lambakheda Bhopal India now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cjZYTei3Y
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cjZYTei3Y>

MMY amusingly "with many  blissful giggles "likes to describe it as:

” various degrees of happiness enjoyed by the different beings in
creation”

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" raunchydog@ wrote:
> >
>  > Doug, this is the translation, as I remember it. It's not at all
like anything, I've googled. For whatever reason, this is how Maharishi
wanted us to understand the translation. IMO Maharishi's translation has
less to do with the actual meaning of the Sanskrit words and more to do
with the intention he wanted to convey on the feeling level of one's
experience.

> > Let us be together
> > Let us eat together
> > Let us be radiating the light of truth together
> > Never shall we denounce anyone
> > Never entertain negativity
> >

> I found the correct translation of Saha Nav Avatu I tried to recall:
>
> Let us be together
> Let us eat together
> Let us be vital together
> Let us be radiating truth,
> radiating the light of life
> never shall we denounce anyone
> never entertain negativity.
>
> Saha nav avatu, Saha nau bhunaktu
> Saha viryam karavavahai
> Tejasvi nav adhitam astu, Ma vidvishavahai
>
> http://reniepraver.com/home/

Other version to listen to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEbvC19vu5c
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEbvC19vu5c>

Breathing instruction how to chant (remember the intimate connection
between syllables. "Lower jaw is first syllable or former form, upper
jaw is next syllable or next form)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdVj37f6B1M&feature=endscreen
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdVj37f6B1M&feature=endscreen>

“Om. May Brahman (the one divine Self in all) protect us
both (student and teacher);

May Brahman nourish us both; may we both acquire energy (by this
education);

May we never? quarrel?

Om, Peace Peace, Peace.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFoiMFTaFFU
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFoiMFTaFFU>

oṃ saha nāvavatu
saha nau bhunaktu
saha vīryaṃ karavāvahai
tejasvināvadhītamastu mā vidviṣāvahai
oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wl2CagOL7T4#t=1\
10s
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wl2CagOL7T4#t=\
110s>

http://tinyurl.com/74tj593 <http://tinyurl.com/74tj593>

This is a chant used by the teacher and the students for a better
transfer of learning, to foster togetherness and the attitudes required
for the successful transfer of such learning.

OM Let both of us protect each other together. May both of us enjoy
together. May both of us work together. Let our study become radiant,
let there be no hatred between us. OM Peace, Peace, Peace.

from the Cd: Mantram - Chants of India, produced by George Harrison
Forgive me:Too late to go into translation and Sanskrit lesson or
discussion --maybe another stroke of blissful togetherness ..later...

BTW
"Buck" s Message #302922
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/302922
Windham's poem: Broad is the road that leads to death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NMeF9PHTs
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NMeF9PHTs>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Fm1bJuiIg
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Fm1bJuiIg>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZNT_H5DxlI
  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Fm1bJuiIg>

based on Matthew 7:13 (Jesus is saying that choosing Him is neither the
popular nor the easy way!)"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is
the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter
through it. + Isaiah 35:8 <http://bible.cc/isaiah/35-8.htm>  And a
highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness. The
unclean will not journey on it; it will be for those who walk in that
Way; wicked fools will not go about on it

The beginning  of a life of Jesu discipleship (the gate) and the process
of  discipleship (the way) are both restrictive and both involve
persecution.(!--so be nice to Buck )

Not sure is this a reference to his Dome -page-dilemma seeing -on the
broad road to hell-  different saints not choosing MMY" narrow
road??"only or vice versa- tiresome [:D]

John Oxenham wrote  about that(in original old style)...

“To every man there openeth
A way and ways and a way;
And the high soul treads the high way,
And the low soul gropes the low;