--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "futur.musik" <futur.musik@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > >
> > > I don't think I buy that with regard to honesty. Surely
> > > differences in awareness account for whether a person
> > > believes there is *justification* for saying something
> > > they know to be false, but you really can't make much
> > > of a case that nobody ever attempts to deceive others.
> >
> > So true:
> >
> > Judy:(In a post where she repeatedly accused me of being
> > unethical!)
> >
> > The only ploy Curtis has to
> > > rebut this uncomfortable fact is the claim, which he's
> > > made in other posts, that I brainwashed all of them into
> > > concurring with me, >
> >
> > Definitely more of a consciously lying thing than just a
> > difference in awareness.
>
> Right. I think you were consciously attempting to deceive
> and believed it was justified (just as Barry does when *he*
> attempts to perpetrate that deception):
>
> "I agree that Judy has set the agenda for this angle and I
> have to give credit for her forceful personality that so
> many have taken up this perspective. (And yes I know it is
> possible that everyone just came to this conclusion
> independently, but I don't find this as likely.)"
>
> That's Curtis, responding to a post in which Barry said:
>
>  *No one else* ever had
> > any doubts about Vaj's TM "pedigree" until she started
> > her "Gotta find a way to demonize Vaj so no one will
> > believe him when he makes valid points" campaign.

I should add: Yes, I know it is possible that Curtis just
*forgot* what he'd said to Barry (in which case he wasn't
attempting to deceive here by insinuating that *I* had
been lying when I wrote the post he quotes), but I don't
find this as likely. He made that post to Barry on January
17, only a little over 10 days ago.

(Barry, if he were interested in his own credibility,
would also have to explain how I managed the feat he
describes of imbuing so many people with doubt about
Vaj's TM pedigree given Barry's repeated assertions
that hardly anyone reads my posts. Curtis is concerned
enough with his own credibility that he at least tries
to avoid having one of his attempted deceits
contradict another.)

My grandmother--not a religious person but a highly
ethical one--used to quote a Bible verse (Isaiah, I
think): "Be sure your sins will find you out."