> > So, how many tools such as mantras and yantras
> > do you think the average person needs in order
> > to live the spiritual life?

Vaj:
> I don't know - how many? I'll promise to write it
> down this time.

Answer: It takes zero mantras and yantras in order
to live the spiritual life.

"In fact, technological advances in brain imaging
have given scientists a new range of tools to more
accurately observe and measure the apparent causes
and manifestations of consciousness. fMRI (functional
Magnetic Resonance Imaging) produces vivid images of
the areas of the brain that respond to a variety of
stimuli.

Instead of trying to measure a purely subjective
response, such as "that made me feel good," scientists
can also see what part of the subject's brain is
responding, for how long, and to what degree."

Read more:

Mind Science Foundation:
http://www.mindscience.org/