--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> [...]
> deepest level of one's very being—there is no other practice which is defined
> mechanically and objectively such as to afford the most efficient way of
> transcending—there are no competitors here.
>
> The most profound realization one has when one is made a teacher of TM by
> Maharishi, is: this is It. There isn't anything else. And if TM cannot do
> what it says it does—take one to the level of pure consciousness—then we are
> selling a product which does not do what we say it does.
>
> Any compromise on this policy of guarding "the purity of the teaching" will
> mean the gradual corruption of TM and the dilution of Maharishi's Teaching,
> That is one thing that Maharishi was able to do that no other teacher in our
> lifetime has been able to do: Make us experience that he was the very best,
> the only one, and that what he was giving to us was coming directly from
> reality or God or the source of creative intelligence.
>
> Any flexibility, reasonableness, tolerance here just makes no sense at
> all—unless the people at the top are giving up their claim to the
> exclusiveness of TM as being the most beautiful way to transcend that is
> available anywhere. I refer readers (who have done TM) to their first TM
> experience. How it happened; what the process was like; how they experienced
> the mantra working inside of them. The very miraculous innocence—and
> profundity—of this experience signifies: No competition will be
> allowed—because what could produce an experience equal to the one you first
> had when you started TM?
>
> I don't say the policy is justified on the basis of TM being what Maharishi
> made us believe it was, and what our experiences—at least for
> awhile—confirmed, because of course I don't think that TM and Maharishi have
> continued to get the grace and support which would indicate that reality and
> God still think they are It. But in terms of the truth of one's devotion to
> one's Master, and Maharishi brilliant and unchallengeable authority to
> persuade us of his preeminent position and status in Creation—and his gift to
> us in the form of his spiritual technology—what the TMO is doing in being
> careful about vetting persons who meditate in the Dome is not only
> reasonable, it is entirely truthful to their conscience, their understanding
> of the will of Maharishi, and their own sense of what is the right thing to
> do.
>
> This behaviour on the part of those who wield this authority over meditators
> is irreproachable in my estimation. Of course if these persons believed that
> there was another path to God, to the Self, to enlightenment, then the
> enforcement of these policies would be subject to moral scrutiny. Inside the
> context of what they deem as truth and the means of not betraying the wishes
> of their Master, they are behaving entirely appropriately—There simply is no
> argument to be made against them whatsoever.

MZ-
This is some excellent writing, it captures the TM tru-believer mind.  It is an
element of TM.  You don't live here and you left the movement a long time ago.
There are really very few true-believers left though there are still some lot
of people interested in meditating in the Domes who meditate in a fear of the
guidelines.  This hostage hold of true-believer preservationists is a sad
influence on the Dome numbers that does not need to be there.  The
true-believers could also not confuse the Dome admission guidelines for the
teaching.  Maharishi changed the guidelines all the time as need would be.  The
TM-Rajas were left with that responsibility too.  They have the power and
authority to administrate as needs be.  The Dome numbers are in a jeopardy to
their guidelines.
-Buck