When I first signed the agreement form, it as just short before we received the
TM initiator initiation, I thought that it was a mere formality, and I thought
that the term purity of the teaching related to teaching the 7 steps of TM. 7
steps. Intro lecture, prep lecture, personal interview, initiation - the puja,
the mantras, the 'steps', and the 3 days checking. That's it, I thought.

But now I learn, that signing this agreement form, was like signing a blanco
checque, that anything could be added to this term, be it Ayurveda, Vastu,
Maharishi Jyotish, Maharishi natural products etc etc.

And now I learn, that the purity of the teaching relates to all of them, and we
don't even know what is yet to come, which will fall under this term. The
purity of the teaching is really a whore.

Knowing all this development, we should have at least have one week of lectures
just about the agreement form. I think there was one lecture by Maharishi,
playing it more or less down.

At the times I signed it first, there were no domes yet, no group flying, no
Ayurveda, no Vastu or Maharishi Jyotish, no Maharishi honey etc.

What I find unforgivable, is the fact, that the group program, which is really
the holy grail of the movement is being instrumentalized as a means of
punishment, of sanctioning, and if Buck is correct,  to impart the rules they
make, would allow them to spy on people and behave in a manner which only the
secret service does. And even more so, do this out of a basically economic
reason, as several posters here agree. Where is the purity of the teaching in
all this?

At the moment I learned about the purity of the teaching, it was about 'capture
the fort, and all else will be given to you'. No need for special services and
add on techniques. Now you are jeopardizing  the purity of the teaching if you
buy the wrong house, or the wrong honey or the get the wrong horoscope. And of
course, you didn't know anything about this, hen you signed this paper at your
TTC.

As long as people feel this commitment to go to the domes, or as long as they
want to participate in the common group program, so long the movement will have
you in their hands, they will be able to control people.

I cannot feel such a commitment on the basis of the experiences I had when
starting to meditate. While I see the value of TM, especially for the beginner,
I don't see it's exclusiveness. Transcendence to me predates any experience, I
had anticipations of transcendence before TM, I had experiences before too.

And, of course, I had many experiences after. So I cannot fee obliged my whole
life to one particular experience, and let it enclose my life in one particular
pattern.

The same is true for you Robin, quite obviously and even much more
dramatically, but I cannot achieve the kind of compartmentalization you are
making with respect to all the different Robins in your personal history. To me
it seems there is a Robin1, a Robin2, a Robin3 and a Robin4 up until 5 maybe,
all of them are fairly intact, lets call Robin1 the Robin who as a TB teacher
and just newly enlightened, Robin2 the Robin of the seminars at FF and whatever
happened there, the Robin3 the one who read Aquinas and became converted to
Catholicism, and Robin4 is the post modern, post catholic Robin.

There is also Robin0, the one who experimented with LSD (which I never took).
Robin4 tells us that the whole TM trip as a deception, and illusion, and side
by side in the same post Robin1 tells that the initiation into TM is the most
marvelous experience, to which we should always be committed and faithful.
Robin4 tells Emily it is better to never start TM, and Robin1 tells Vaj, that
he doesn't know anything because he never transcended and urges him to start
learning TM. It is as if all these personas, are overlay-ed upon each other,
but there is no final resolution.

Maybe it is your purpose to work on your own history, to reach a sense of
resolution between these levels, but to me it seems you resort to some sort of
mysticism instead.

For Buck I am glad that he is there, in whatever situation he is in, and makes
these things known to us creating transparency. To me he is a very authentic
and honest person.