--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> [...]
>
>   [Far Side by Gary Larson]
>
> [http://img2.etsystatic.com/004/0/6329570/il_fullxfull.372475046_5l8h.jp\
> g]
>
> I will not say he is without flaws. But he is far more instructive than
> the spiritual vampires and crazies that inhabit FFL. A dear friend took
> me to a church service the other day, and the talk was about spiritual
> vampires. Now some might think Barry, as turquoiseb, is a spiritual
> vampire, but this is hardly the case. He has a life, he is not walking
> among the undead who have no life. Despite his gruffness, and oft
> crudeness, he has a healthy degree of spiritual perception, even if it
> is perceived, as with most of us, it is slightly bent.
>
> Now take Robin. He was a spiritual predator. He claims to have reformed;
> many doubt this; if he has not succeeded, perhaps tomorrow or the next
> day.*
>
> *If you reject absolutely any single
> sensation without stopping to discriminate
> with respect to that which awaits confirmation
> between matter of opinion and that which
> is already present, whether in sensation
> or in feelings or in any immediate perception
> of the mind, you will throw into confusion
> even the rest of your sensations by your
> groundless belief and so you will be
> rejecting the standard of truth altogether.
> If in your ideas based upon
> opinion you hastily affirm as true all
> that awaits confirmation as well as that
> which does not, you will not escape error,
> as you will be maintaining complete
> ambiguity whenever it is a case of
> judging between right and wrong opinion.
> - Epicurus
>
> Robin also has a healthy degree of spiritual perception, but from my
> perspective it has a twist to it, it is bent, bent in a very unusual,
> difficult-to-define way, in a way not like anyone else here, and even in
> his own words, incomplete. There is hope for him, at least I hope there
> is hope. The interesting phenomenon here is what circles about his
> diminished flame. If Robin asipires to truth, then those circling bats
> of darkness will inhibit his recovery. This includes those who became
> his prey and cannot forgive him, and those new groupies that find in him
> a champion of supposed truth. Since he has not found it yet, as he said,
> then it would seem that that championship is not on solid ground.
>
> As for Share, she seems a sweetie, and, like me, a generalist, not into
> picayune argumentation for the most part. Alex wonders whyl she has
> embedded herself in the mess here. Perhaps she is testing herself, to
> find her weaknesses. Spiritual 'illumination' does not make one
> automatically a genius at anything; if anything it forces you to become
> truly curious about what is significant in one's life - insight does not
> come by rehashing old forms, you have to try something different.
>
> As for Ann, she puzzles me. Seems to have a dark streak I did not
> expect. Maybe she has had a few bad days.

No Xeno, no bad days. This is me and other aspects are me as well. I have a
truth seeker and fighter streak in me (or maybe its just cruelty but I don't
think so) and it comes out in the face of distortion, disloyalty, ignorance
(especially if it the result of not wanting to learn or understand deeper) and
perversion. It takes a lot of energy to post here sometimes and all for what?
I'm not sure yet. I am also pretty sure there are other aspects of me that
would surprise you but I hope in a good way. In the meantime, don't f--- with