> me too, seekliberation, 3 planets in the 9th, Sun, Merc, Venus with Merc and
> Venus being exactly conjunct.  Merc is ruler of 9th and 12th and Venus is
> ruler of 8th and 1st.  Ketu is in the first.

You have ketu in the first, and 3 planets in the 9th?  We're nearly identical.
I have Ketu in the 1st, with Saturn, and Sun/Me/Jup in the 9th.  Ketu in the
first is kind of difficult (in a material sense) but great for spirituality.

> One thing I've heard about all this is that people with a strong Sun and or
> strong 9th house tend to be their own guru.  I think this is true.
> Another thing I've heard is that actually the soul as if chooses the birth
> chart etc for maximum evolution.  This also resonates as true to me.
>
> Some Latter Day Saints once came knocking at the front door.  I warned them
> about my being a TMer.  They glanced at each other nervously and asked if I
> knew that the Bible says that TM is the work of the devil.  Eventually I had
> to explain to them that though I didn't know for sure, what I had experienced
> was enough for me to take a chance that I was on the right track for me.
> They said goodbye (-:

You know, I get irritated at some of the recent attacks on Christmas and what
appears to be a movement in America to remove any trace of Christianity from
our lives.  But when I hear stories like this....I lose sympathy for
Christians.  The simple-mindedness of Christianity, IMO, has been very
detrimental to spirituality for the past few centuries.  Islam, IMO takes the
gold medal though.

seekliberation