> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" steve.sundur@

> > > Yes, gee, poor victimized Barry, who is entirely innocent
> > > of ever having made any ugly personal attacks, least of
> > > all on Nabby.
> > >
> > > Do you ever think before you write, Steve?
> > >
> > > Never mind. I doubt it would make any difference.
> >
> > Judy, surely you elevate me!  Never would I figure that I
> > would rank such that you would spend some of the last few
> > sands in your hourglass on me.
> >
> > I might have expected though, something a little more creative
> > than your standard insult. But I guess I'm glad I can draw
> > some of your fire away from the usual targets.
>
> I think you fail to realize what's going on, Steve.
> You're one of the only people Judy *can* still lure
> into one of her "I'm better than you and I can prove
> it" eternal arguments, so she *treasures* you.
>
> She and her co-confrontation addicts have grown
> desperate in their attempts to get people to react
> to their insults. Haven't you noticed how they have
> all basically become Willytex clones, saying
> ANYTHING they can think of to get a reaction?
>
> The way they see it, if you respond, THEY WIN.
> And even if you *don't* respond, they'll find a
> way to interpret you ignoring them as "WE WIN."
> Then they'll slap each other on the back and
> congratulate each other for having "gotten" one
> of their agreed-upon clique enemies.
>
> As long as it's still fun for you to push *her*
> buttons from time to time by committing the
> Cardinal sin of disagreeing with her, I say go
> for it. In fact, I consider it an act of compassion
> on your part to do so. Try to imagine what would
> happen if NONE of her established enemies on this
> forum responded to her "invitations to argue."
> She'd wind up having to attack other members of
> her own clique, just to have someone with whom
> to swing her dick at to "establish dominance."
>
> Oh. Wait. That's already happened, several times.
>
> Whatever. For those who NEED an argument to feel
> alive, I guess that if the fact that most of their
> "designated victims" don't even bother to respond
> any more doesn't matter to them and they can still
> "declare victory" anyway, the details of who they're
> having these imaginary arguments with don't matter,
> either.  :-)

Barry's addled mind has slipped into its alternate reality - conjuring up
imaginary characters doing imaginary things. Real life must be so tedious,
boring, mundane. The need to constantly create these scenarios of good guys,
bad guys, plots and devious manipulations and far-reaching underhanded plans by
others is his 'escape'. His creation is a colourful world filled with
characters out of novels and spy stories. We will allow him this small escape,
this chance to believe his world so much more interesting than it really is.
Barry's scenarios read like cheap thrillers but as long as they get him through
another long, dreary day then we should be happy to allow him this small
indulgence.