If it was "standard practice", you'd probably have seen it posted here on FFL after ten years and thousands of postings. And, anyone would be able to cite such practice, even without a doing a good search. It sure sounds like a Judy fib to me, and even she never once in ten years used extra dots in her posts, so if true, Judy does not follow standard posting practice. Go figure.